Okay, so yeah, I do really like food. And as a runner, food is my powerhouse. It can really make a workout feel solid or if eating badly, it can make a workout and a stomach, a problem. I find the more quality things I eat, the better I run and feel. I do really like cooking, trying new restaurants and having a good glass of red wine almost every night. I thought I would list the staples of my diet and the vices that also find their way in every now and again.
Foods that power me-
- Oatmeal or whole grains for breakfast with yogurt and lots of berries… good food
- Coffee with breakfast, sometimes more than one cup…. can be bad if it makes me shaky
- An apple- my favorites are granny smith and fuji
- For lunch, I try to do a protein, like turkey and mix it with a whole grain bread and lots of spinach
- More fruit in the afternoon… grapes that are slightly frozen are awesome.
- Raw almonds- power food and so satisfying
- Dark chocolate- a square or two a day is usually enough to keep me happy
- Pre-workout snack- a small cup of Kashi cereal
- Dinner is usually baked salmon with lots of veggies or maybe a grilled turkey burger usually without a bun.
- A good glass of red wine
- I have a sweet tooth, so baking for me is like therapy, which usually means I taste while I bake… bad…
- A second glass of wine…
- Frozen yogurt (probably way too much sugar, but I love it)
SAN FRANCISCO FAV’S
- Estela’s Fresh Sandwiches- they have the best veggies sandwiches ever
- Green’s- a fine dining experience for vegetarians… a yummy treat
- NOPA- a great restaurant with a fun atmosphere and within walking distance to me- a problem for my checking account
- Whole Foods- I swear I feel healthier just walking in there
- Peet’s Coffee- I don’t think anyone can make a better Skinny half-calf double latte
- Farm Fresh to you- Organic, Sustainable produce and fruits delivered right to your door.